What is proxy access?

Proxy access allows authorized individuals access to the medical records of patients whose health they are responsible for monitoring.

Who can get proxy access?

Parents commonly use this feature to view their children's medical records for immunizations, scheduling appointments, and sending messages related to their children. Some restrictions may apply for access to the records of children between the ages of 12 and 17.

Adult children can also use this feature to stay informed of, and participate in, an elderly parent's healthcare. Or a spouse might have access to the record of a husband or wife for the sake of convenience. Adult patients must give written consent for another person to gain proxy access. In addition, the adult patient always has the right to revoke this access at any time.

In rare cases, an adult might have a guardian who is responsible for them because of some issue of diminished capacity. In this case a guardian would supply legal documentation to gain proxy access to the patient's chart.

Individuals designated as proxies do not have to be patients themselves to view data through MyChart.

I want to get / give proxy access How do I do it?

To gain proxy access, the appropriate form below should be completed and brought to our Health Information Management (HIM) Department at the Chicopee, Springfield or Agawam site from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday thru Friday.

In the case of a child or a legal guardian for an adult, we ask that the proxy bring in the form with proper identification. In the case of an adult proxy accessing a consenting adult's record, we ask that the patient provide the proxy form to us (the form includes your consent for this type of access).

In many cases we will be able to establish proxy access while you wait. However, we may let you know by email or by sending a secure message to your MyChart account if you are already signed up yourself. Proxies who are not patients themselves will receive written instructions about how to create an account.

Proxy Forms

If you are a parent or guardian and would like access to your minor child's MyChart account, click here.

If you are an adult and would like access to another adult's MyChart account, click here.

If you are a legal guardian for an adult and would like access to the adult's MyChart account, click here.